Edit: This was originally on my website, but I decided to move it over here since it’s more of a random post for that site.
So, I had a quarter life crisis right after I graduated from college. I was 22.
I then resolved to be more open to learning and trying new things, to visit as many places as I possibly can, and basically, just live life to the fullest.
With that being said, I made a 30 Things Before 30 list:
1. Get engaged/married :0)
2. Earn my MBA (or at least start an MBA program at a top 20 school)
4. Buy a new car (my current car is over 18 years old)
5. Teach a college course as a marketing instructor
6. Visit China again, with my parents – & visit the places where my parents grew up
7. Visit Japan during Spring to see the cherry blossoms or during the fall to see the maple leaves
8. Backpack through Europe
10. Move back to San Francisco
11. Camp in Yosemite (never been there either!)
12. Go para-sailing
13. Create a viral video
14. Get 1,000 people to subscribe to my blog
15. Visit New Orleans
17. Start my own company or non-profit 18. Go on a trip up and down the coast of California
19. Have a meal at Urasawa
20. Go on a hot balloon ride over Napa Valley
21. Own my first doggie
Complete 5 different hiking trails in Los Angeles (2 down, Griffith Park and Escondido Falls) 24. Take a bikram yoga class 25. Learn how to play the guitar 26. Run a 10k or half marathon
27. Have a meal at French Laundry
28. Go on a cross-country road trip
29. Meet Bill Gates, Hilary Clinton, Phillip Zimbardo – a few of my heroes in life (met one of them!)
30. Create an album that chronicles my travels
My friends and readers: I realize that some of you may be over 30, but what are some of the things you would like to do before you turn 30 (or 40, 50, and so on…)?