I started spending my Sundays prepping food for the week again, now that I’ve gotten into the swing of things with my new job…but most importantly, I’m in a wedding in less than one month.
I made these delicious turkey patties this morning as a post workout snack. I managed to get eight small turkey patties out of this recipe.
1 lb. organic grass-fed ground turkey
1/8 – 1/4 cup Almond Nut Thin crumbs (they are gluten/wheat free!). I used the pepper jack cheese flavor.
1 egg lightly beaten
1/8 cup finely chopped white onions
1 garlic clove minced
1/3 teaspoon Himalayan salt (sea salt or kosher salt should be fine, too)
1 /4 teaspoon ground black pepper
A few shakes each of the following: ground black, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, chili BBQ seasoning
A couple shakes of garlic powder & onion powder
A few drops of Worcester sauce
A couple drops of liquid smoke
I recommend playing around with the seasonings to get a combo of flavors that you like.
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Make sure all ingredients are distributed evenly.
2. Create 8 balls of meat & shape into patties
3. Heat up your grill or griddle (medium heat)
4. Spray cooking surface with olive oil
5. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side (until they look like they’re cooked enough to eat). Make sure you don’t overcook your patties. Otherwise, they’ll end up dry.